The Strength of Weak Ties

Everyone participates. Everyone contributes. Leveraging the power of digital networks to connect people, resources and ideas to drive creativity and innovation forward...and actually accomplish something!

Sunday, March 12, 2006

54 Posts

This week marked the launch of The Strength of Weak Ties, so I have been blogging for over one year now. In that time, I managed to post 54 entries which is not that many (certainly compared to Wes, who is amazing), but it's sort of cool to look back at the record of my thoughts over that time.

During the year, blogging has helped me to be more reflective, improve my writing, build many new relationships, and grow as a professional educator, which of course, is the point of all of this.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:27 PM , Blogger Joe B said...

    Congratulations on your bloggiversary!! Keep it up, you are a resource for us all.
    --Joe

     
  • At 11:40 PM , Blogger Wesley Fryer said...

    Well, quality is certainly preferable over just quantity! Keep up the great work, David! :-)

     
  • At 11:33 PM , Blogger mego said...

    Dave,
    Great work hitting the milestone. Your comments really struck me about improving your writing and being more reflective. Both are major things we talk at length about in our schools but to teach this we ask students to answer "fake writing prompts" and "peer edit the same fake writing". Instead what you have experienced this year is authentic. My guess is some posts no one comments, the next day no comments, (rare, I'm sure) AND then that day comes there is a flurry of comments and WOW I have a voice and people are interested. Following your reflective thoughts I would really like to compare what you have learned with a student blogger and see that there are some interesting similarities.
    I am interested in learning more about the reflective piece..

     
  • At 12:57 AM , Blogger Wyzard said...

    Congratulations! I have been blogging since Thanksgiving 2005, so I am still a novice. I came across your blog through a newsfeed on wikis, and I have liked reading your posts. I concur about the reflective process that blogging nourishes.

    I have started several education blogs and newsfeeds with my students (http://webmusicing.blogspot.com/) that have opened a world of opportunities and insights,,, Your ideas are especially helpful. Everyday we find new concepts and technologies to replace the wornout paradigm of CAI, and blogs like yours serve to spur on our consciousness-raising discussions...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home