The Strength of Weak Ties

Everyone participates. Everyone contributes. Leveraging the power of digital networks to connect people, resources and ideas to drive creativity and innovation forward...and actually accomplish something!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Edublogger Meetup at NECC 2006

We'll be having an informal edublog meetup at NECC in San Diego. Will started the ball rolling and I suggested that we meet at Rock Bottom in the GasLamp District. While it might be nice to have a more local San Diego feel (Rock Bottom is a national chain), no one seemed to know much about a potential spot in San Diego. So, we have Rock Bottom's in Illinois and they are pretty nice and would serve as a very nice meeting space. So, here are the details:

Where:
Rock Bottom
401 G St. San Diego, CA 92101
619.231.7000

When:
Thursday, June 6

Time: 8-?

Map of Gaslamp

Hope to see you there!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:49 PM , Blogger Dr. Glenn E. Malone said...

    I'll be there :)

     
  • At 8:40 PM , Blogger Barry Dahl said...

    Hi David,

    I'm looking forward to meeting you at NECC. I posted this on Will's blog also. I won't be offended if it is too hard to switch.
    **************
    I plan to be there and looking forward to meeting you and about 6-8 other people who I read consistently in my Bloglines account.

    Not trying to gum up the works - but if it is not too late to make a change I would suggest Dick's Last Resort over Rock Bottom.

    Dick's Last Resort
    (Casual Dining/Sports Bar)
    345 Fourth Ave.
    (619) 231-9100

    Dick's has a lot of outdoor seating, but indoor also in case it is too hot (doubt it). They have a great menu, the servers will give you a very hard time in a good-natured sort-of-way, you don't have to worry about disturbing other patrons (nobody expects you to be quiet), it's closer to the Hyatt and the Convention Center, and has much more of a San Diego feel to it than Rock Bottom.

    I'll check back here before Thursday to see if you're still going to Rock Bottom or if my hard-sell tactics worked at all. The only reason I mention it is that I've been to both places in San Diego during the past year and Dick's was ten times more fun.

    See ya next week, Barry (nmostly copied from comment in Will's blog)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home