The Strength of Weak Ties

Everyone participates. Everyone contributes. Leveraging the power of digital networks to connect people, resources and ideas to drive creativity and innovation forward...and actually accomplish something!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

DST Texas Round 2

I'm back in Amarillo, Texas at ESC 16 doing another round of digital storytelling. I've got two days with high school English teachers, and then I finish with 2 days with middle school teachers, fly back to Chicago, and then get on a plane to NECC. I just finished a Web 2.0 workshop with a group of outstanding teachers from District U-46 in Elgin, Illinois. This was my first time doing an extended Web 2.0 workshop (over a period of 4 days-they did the last day on their own) and it was extremely interesting to watch the transformation that took place in the participants, as they gradually realized the potential that was before them, both for their own personal learning, and for how they approach their craft with their students.

The star of the workshop? The network. Hands down.

The participants were amazed at the power of connecting with others, what that can mean, and how they can contribute as well to the conversation.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    And we are THRILLED to have you back in Amarillo! Can't wait to get started!! :-)

     
  • At 7:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am missing out on a great experience since I'm in Kilgore, TX. Last year was a huge success and we are so glad you agreed to come back to Amarillo-- minus the cherry limeade! I am interested in what your 4 day Web 2.0 looked like??? Wish I could clone myself and be in 2 places at once!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home