The Strength of Weak Ties

Everyone participates. Everyone contributes. Leveraging the power of digital networks to connect people, resources and ideas to drive creativity and innovation forward...and actually accomplish something!

Monday, April 16, 2007

Visual Literacy and 21st Century Skills Workshop

Tomorrow I'll be presenting in Palos Heights District 128 for my good buddy Jim O'Hagan-the topic is visual literacy. I'm fortunate that I'll also be able to see Will Richardson, who is doing the keynote address. Will should be in a good mood, as it looks like the Cubs will put one in the win column tonight.

I've prepared a 3-part visual literacy and 21st Century learning wiki to support my presentation. Part 1 sets the stage with an overview of some dynamic emerging visual image resources that illustrate the amazing growth and potential of visuals online, Part 2 is my rationale for including visual literacy instruction in education, and Part 3 aligns my definition of visual literacy with suggestions for classroom instruction and activities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home