The Strength of Weak Ties

Everyone participates. Everyone contributes. Leveraging the power of digital networks to connect people, resources and ideas to drive creativity and innovation forward...and actually accomplish something!

Monday, June 25, 2007

One Big Conflict

I saw several good presentations today, with Mitch Resnick from MIT giving the most interesting presentation. Here is my schedule for tomorrow, and I've got some choices to make. Note the yellow triangles...

11:00am-12:00pm
!
SMART Boarding in the Classroom 101: Become a SMART Teacher [Session]
Location: GWCC B211
$
11:00am-12:00pm
!
School 2.0: Technology and the Future of School [Session]
Location: GWCC Murphy 2/3
$
11:00am-12:00pm
!
Del.icio.us Research: Redesign Assignments with Social Bookmarking [Session]
Location: GWCC B305
$
12:30-1:30pm
!
New Tools, New Schools: Starting the Conversation about Web 2.0 [Session]
Location: GWCC B207
$
12:30-1:30pm
!
Doing 1-to-1 Right! [Session]
Location: GWCC B212
$
2:00-3:00pm
!
Podcasting for Professional Development: Innovative Strategies for Syndicated Success [Session]
Location: GWCC B208
$
2:00-3:00pm
!
Reinventing Education for the 21st-Century (Designing School 2.0): [Session]
Location: GWCC B402
$
2:00-3:00pm
!
Contemporary Literacy in the New Information Landscape [Session]
Location: GWCC Murphy 2/3
$
3:30-4:30pm
!
Papert Matters: Thinking About Children, Computers, and Powerful Ideas [Session]
Location: GWCC Murphy 4
$
3:30-4:30pm
!
Constructivist Teaching with Technology: Learning with Laptops [Session]
Location: GWCC B208
$
3:30-4:30pm
!
Learning Environments For DKs: Education in the New Digital Landscape [Session]
Location: GWCC Murphy 1

I might just sit in the edublogger cafe tomorrow as some of the conversations there and other places have been outstanding. I've had a chance to reconnect with Will Richardson, Steve Hargadon, Jeff Utecht, David Warlick, Mark Wagner, Hall Davidson, Guy Ballard, Joe Brennan and Terry Freedman. I've also had a chance to meet many others, including Chris Craft, Vinnie Vrotney, Brian Crosby, Chris Sessums, Doug Johnson (great presenter by the way), Anne Davis, Cheryl Oakes and Janice Sterns.

The most interesting connection for me has been Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach, who I connected with instantly, and look forward to working with immensly.


tags: necc necc07 necc2007

4 Comments:

  • At 7:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Choosing at NECC seems to be a common problem! I see that you wanted to go to the del.icio.us session this morning. I was there and it was wonderful. Lucie, the tech coordinator who ran the session, was engaging and presented many creative uses of del.icio.us for research -- with her focus being on the social aspects. Check out my blog summary: http://mgolding.wordpress.com/2007/06/26/redesign-research-with-social-bookmarking/.

     
  • At 11:14 PM , Blogger David said...

    Thank you so much, yes I wanted to go and it sounds like I should have. Thanks for the link!

     
  • At 9:34 PM , Blogger Cheryloakes50 said...

    I miss you all. It was great to see real people and have f2f conversations. However, I will look forward to virtual conversations until the next time.
    Cheryl

     
  • At 1:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The most interesting connection for me has been Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach, who I connected with instantly, and look forward to working with immensly.

    Just saw this...and I felt exactly the same way.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home