The Strength of Weak Ties

Everyone participates. Everyone contributes. Leveraging the power of digital networks to connect people, resources and ideas to drive creativity and innovation forward...and actually accomplish something!

Monday, August 13, 2007

8 Things...Actually 10, no 11.

So I've been tagged by Cheri Toledo...

Here are the rules:

1) Post these rules before you give your facts.
2) List 8 random facts about yourself.
3) At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them.
4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged.

Okay, here I go:
  1. I never wanted or expected to be a teacher, or in education, but here I am, 23 years later.
  2. Since I was about 8 or 9, I wanted to be a fisheries research scientist. To that end, I have a bachelor's degree in fisheries management from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point and a masters degree in the same from the University of Georgia (How bout them dah-oogggs?).
  3. I worked for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service for 1.5 years, living on the Savannah River, and trapping and radio tagging Shortnose and Atlantic sturgeon, some over 300 lbs. I've been shot at by poachers, chased by alligators and almost bitten my numerous poisonous snakes. As a result, I hate snakes and never, never, ever...camp. Poachers and alligators, well...
  4. I've never married, and am fiercely independent, but I did meet her once...
  5. I'm a decent photographer and would like to build my skill if I could find the time to give up Twitter. Here is my favorite photograph.
  6. I was once in a commercial for the NCAA featured at halftime of the Ohio State-Michigan game. All my friends saw it.
  7. I once was a court clerk and did a job similar to Bull on Night Court.
  8. My most treasured possession is a 1981 UW-Stevens Point hat I bought on the day I graduated. All my buddies bought one and we all still have them, and wear them to reunions. They're all thoroughly disgusting...
  9. I have a recurring dream where I win a contest and get to tear down one thing in the United States. Seriously. And here is the one place I tear down. Hey, what's that on the sign?
  10. Worst food I have ever eaten, Skyline Chili, Cincinnati, Ohio. Oh. My. God.
  11. My favorite city on Earth is Traverse City, Michigan. I'll retire there if I live long enough.
OK, so it was eleven. See even more about me here.

Who is tagged next:
Marc Prensky
Alan November
Mark Cuban
Brian Greinier
Chris Craft
Michelle Martin
Chris Sessums
Seth Godin

6 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    David,
    Truly enjoyed your 8 Random things meme. I wish I would have read your meme before I did mine. I would have been more open and told deeper facts about myself. I also followed many of your hyperlinks too. I follow you in Twitter.

     
  • At 10:51 PM , Blogger Looksee Fishy Fish said...

    Your eye for composition and color is on point. You also have a sensitivity to mood. GREAT PICTURES!! Glad you put up the links to them! I didn't think I would go in to education either. I wanted to be a famous artist... heh!

     
  • At 4:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi David,

    That photo is amazing. Beautiful work.

     
  • At 4:08 PM , Blogger Suzismini said...

    That photo is amazing. The Oregon coast is not my favorite, but you captured it!! This is my new favorite picture taken on Spring Break. Not as dramatic as yours.....
    http://tinyurl.com/yw5qtp

     
  • At 8:06 PM , Blogger David said...

    Thanks John and Suzi, appreciated. Like your photo Suzi, especially the contrast of the red flag...

     
  • At 7:39 AM , Blogger Mr. Lauer said...

    Great shot. One of my favorite places on the coast. By the way, it's Ecola, not Arcola...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home