8 Things...Actually 10, no 11.
Here are the rules:
1) Post these rules before you give your facts.
2) List 8 random facts about yourself.
3) At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them.
4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged.
- I never wanted or expected to be a teacher, or in education, but here I am, 23 years later.
- Since I was about 8 or 9, I wanted to be a fisheries research scientist. To that end, I have a bachelor's degree in fisheries management from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point and a masters degree in the same from the University of Georgia (How bout them dah-oogggs?).
- I worked for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service for 1.5 years, living on the Savannah River, and trapping and radio tagging Shortnose and Atlantic sturgeon, some over 300 lbs. I've been shot at by poachers, chased by alligators and almost bitten my numerous poisonous snakes. As a result, I hate snakes and never, never, ever...camp. Poachers and alligators, well...
- I've never married, and am fiercely independent, but I did meet her once...
- I'm a decent photographer and would like to build my skill if I could find the time to give up Twitter. Here is my favorite photograph.
- I was once in a commercial for the NCAA featured at halftime of the Ohio State-Michigan game. All my friends saw it.
- I once was a court clerk and did a job similar to Bull on Night Court.
- My most treasured possession is a 1981 UW-Stevens Point hat I bought on the day I graduated. All my buddies bought one and we all still have them, and wear them to reunions. They're all thoroughly disgusting...
- I have a recurring dream where I win a contest and get to tear down one thing in the United States. Seriously. And here is the one place I tear down. Hey, what's that on the sign?
- Worst food I have ever eaten, Skyline Chili, Cincinnati, Ohio. Oh. My. God.
- My favorite city on Earth is Traverse City, Michigan. I'll retire there if I live long enough.
Who is tagged next: